Rebbeca Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rebecca:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and Ecclesiastic Greek Rhebekka, which is derived from the Hebrew ribbqāh (noose), from rabak (to bind, to tie). The name, borne in the Bible by the wife of Isaac, was not used in England until after the Reformation in the 16th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rebbeca? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rebbeca
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rebbeca
- Comments and insights on the name Rebbeca
- Personal experiences with the name Rebbeca
My mom's name is rebbeca... her mom decided to spell it different :)
- Nicknames for Rebbeca
- Meanings and history of the name Rebbeca
- Famous real-life people named Rebbeca
- Rebbeca in song, story & screen