Rebeca Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rebeca:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and Ecclesiastic Greek Rhebekka, which is derived from the Hebrew ribbqāh (noose). Var: Rebeccah, Rebekka, Rebekkah. Short: Becca, Beccah, Bekka, Bekkah, Reba. Pet: Becki, Beckie, Becky.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rebeca? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rebeca
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rebeca
- Comments and insights on the name Rebeca
- Personal experiences with the name Rebeca
- Nicknames for Rebeca
I call my sister Becks or Becs
- Meanings and history of the name Rebeca
- Famous real-life people named Rebeca
- Rebeca in song, story & screen