Rebecka Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rebecca:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and Ecclesiastic Greek Rhebekka, which is derived from the Hebrew ribbqāh (noose), from rabak (to bind, to tie). The name, borne in the Bible by the wife of Isaac, was not used in England until after the Reformation in the 16th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rebecka? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rebecka
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rebecka
- Comments and insights on the name Rebecka
A variation of Rebecca, commonly used in Scandinavia.
- Personal experiences with the name Rebecka
It is my own name.
- Nicknames for Rebecka
Beckie, Becky, Beckis, Bettan, Betty, Rebbie, Raybay
- Meanings and history of the name Rebecka
- Famous real-life people named Rebecka
- Rebecka in song, story & screen