Rebeckah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rebecca:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and Ecclesiastic Greek Rhebekka, which is derived from the Hebrew ribbqāh (noose), from rabak (to bind, to tie). The name, borne in the Bible by the wife of Isaac, was not used in England until after the Reformation in the 16th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rebeckah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rebeckah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rebeckah
- Comments and insights on the name Rebeckah
- Personal experiences with the name Rebeckah
This is my name, specifically chosen for the nickname "Bex" to go with my twin sister's nickname, "Lex". There are a lot of Rebeccas and Rebekahs, but I have yet to meet another Rebeckah
- Nicknames for Rebeckah
- Meanings and history of the name Rebeckah
- Famous real-life people named Rebeckah
- Rebeckah in song, story & screen