Reeva Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rebecca:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and Ecclesiastic Greek Rhebekka, which is derived from the Hebrew ribbqāh (noose), from rabak (to bind, to tie). The name, borne in the Bible by the wife of Isaac, was not used in England until after the Reformation in the 16th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Reeva? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Reeva
Contribute your knowledge to the name Reeva
- Comments and insights on the name Reeva
- Personal experiences with the name Reeva
- Nicknames for Reeva
- Meanings and history of the name Reeva
A variant of the Sanskrit name Reva, which means "one that moves"
A variant of Riva, which is a diminutive of Rivka (Rebecca)
- Famous real-life people named Reeva
Reeva Steenkamp (1983-2013), South African model
- Reeva in song, story & screen