Rhetta Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rhetta? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rhetta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rhetta
- Comments and insights on the name Rhetta
A feminine form of Rhett.
- Personal experiences with the name Rhetta
In the 2006 (2nd Ed.) Oxford dictionary of first names.
- Nicknames for Rhetta
- Meanings and history of the name Rhetta
Rhetta is of Latin and Scandinavian origin, and means "speaker," deriving from the same root as "rhetoric."
Rhett is well-established in South Carolina, brought to North America in 1694 by William Rhett. Rhetta is currently most-often used in Texas.
- Famous real-life people named Rhetta
- Rhetta in song, story & screen
The male version of Rhetta, "Rhett," was used in Gone with the Wind (1936) for the character Rhett Butler.