Riah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Mariah:
Variant of the Hebrew Moriya (teacher). The name is borrowed from that of a hill from which Abraham prepared to offer Isaac up as a sacrifice. It is a holy place now covered by the Muslim Kubbet es-Sakrah (the Dome of the Rock).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Riah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Riah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Riah
- Comments and insights on the name Riah
VERY UNCOMMON NAME. PRONOUNCED "RYE-UH"
- Personal experiences with the name Riah
- Nicknames for Riah
- Meanings and history of the name Riah
- Famous real-life people named Riah
- Riah in song, story & screen