Rianne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rianna:
Borrowed from the Welsh, Rhiannon is an ancient Celtic name of uncertain derivation. Some believe it to be derived from the Old Celtic Rigantona (great queen). The name, which is borne in Celtic Mythology by a goddess of fertility, was not used as a given name until the 20th century. Its popularity outside Wales is due in large part to the song "Rhiannon" by the rock group Fleetwood Mac.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rianne? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rianne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rianne
- Comments and insights on the name Rianne
- Personal experiences with the name Rianne
- Nicknames for Rianne
Ree, Raney, RiRi
- Meanings and history of the name Rianne
- Famous real-life people named Rianne
Rianne Hill Soriano- film maker
- Rianne in song, story & screen