Rifke Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rebecca:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and Ecclesiastic Greek Rhebekka, which is derived from the Hebrew ribbqāh (noose), from rabak (to bind, to tie). The name, borne in the Bible by the wife of Isaac, was not used in England until after the Reformation in the 16th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Rifke
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rifke
- Comments and insights on the name Rifke
- Personal experiences with the name Rifke
- Nicknames for Rifke
- Meanings and history of the name Rifke
- Famous real-life people named Rifke
- Rifke in song, story & screen
Rifke "Rose" in the American Girl Rebecca books