Rivka Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rebecca:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and Ecclesiastic Greek Rhebekka, which is derived from the Hebrew ribbqāh (noose), from rabak (to bind, to tie). The name, borne in the Bible by the wife of Isaac, was not used in England until after the Reformation in the 16th century.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rivka? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rivka
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rivka
- Comments and insights on the name Rivka
It's actually a really common name, I'm surprised no one has posted her about it, yet, besides me of course.
- Personal experiences with the name Rivka
- Nicknames for Rivka
Rivvy, Rivky, Ricky, Riva.
- Meanings and history of the name Rivka
Hebrew form of Rebecca/Rebekah.
- Famous real-life people named Rivka
- Rivka in song, story & screen