Rosel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rosemarie:
Combination of the names Rose (horse; rose) and Marie. The name became popular at a time when flower names were coming into use, and it might therefore have originated as a borrowing of the name of the herb rosemary, which is derived from the Latin ros marīnus (dew of the sea).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rosel? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rosel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rosel
- Comments and insights on the name Rosel
- Personal experiences with the name Rosel
- Nicknames for Rosel
- Meanings and history of the name Rosel
German short form of Rosemarie. Pronounced ROH-zel.
- Famous real-life people named Rosel
Rosel Zech, German actress
- Rosel in song, story & screen