Rosilyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rose:
Originally, Rose was a short form of any of the old Germanic names in use in England in the Middle Ages that contained the element hros, ros (horse). Flower names began being used in the 19th century, and now Rose is bestowed with reference to the flower.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rosilyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rosilyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rosilyn
- Comments and insights on the name Rosilyn
- Personal experiences with the name Rosilyn
- Nicknames for Rosilyn
- Meanings and history of the name Rosilyn
Rosilyn is Rose and Lyn combined, it means lake of roses
- Famous real-life people named Rosilyn
- Rosilyn in song, story & screen