Ruthanna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ruth:
Of uncertain etymology, most believe Ruth to be derived from the Hebrew rūth, a possible contraction of rē'ūth (companion, friend). The name is borne in the Bible by a Moabite woman who was devoted to her mother-in-law. Her story is told in the Book of Ruth.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Ruthanna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ruthanna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ruthanna
- Comments and insights on the name Ruthanna
Combination of Ruth and Anna.
- Personal experiences with the name Ruthanna
- Nicknames for Ruthanna
- Meanings and history of the name Ruthanna
- Famous real-life people named Ruthanna
- Ruthanna in song, story & screen