Ruthanne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ruth:
Of uncertain etymology, most believe Ruth to be derived from the Hebrew rūth, a possible contraction of rē'ūth (companion, friend). The name is borne in the Bible by a Moabite woman who was devoted to her mother-in-law. Her story is told in the Book of Ruth.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Ruthanne? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ruthanne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ruthanne
- Comments and insights on the name Ruthanne
Combination of Ruth and Anne
- Personal experiences with the name Ruthanne
- Nicknames for Ruthanne
- Meanings and history of the name Ruthanne
- Famous real-life people named Ruthanne
Ruth-Ann Boyle, British singer
Ruthanne Cunningham, Irish singer-songwriter
- Ruthanne in song, story & screen
Ruth-Anne Miller, a character on the TV show Northern Exposure.