Sabrine Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sabrina:
Of uncertain etymology, Sabrina is believed to be of Celtic origin, as it is borne in Celtic mythology by an illegitimate daughter of the Welsh king Locrine. The child was ordered drowned by the king's wife, Gwendolen, thus giving her name to the river in which the foul deed took place. Latin writings of the 1st century list the river's name as Sabrina, but it is now known as the Severn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sabrine? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sabrine
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sabrine
- Comments and insights on the name Sabrine
- Personal experiences with the name Sabrine
- Nicknames for Sabrine
- Meanings and history of the name Sabrine
- Famous real-life people named Sabrine
- Sabrine in song, story & screen