Samira Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Samira:
A borrowing from the Arabic, Samira is derived from samīr (companion in evening conversations).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Samira? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Samira
Contribute your knowledge to the name Samira
- Comments and insights on the name Samira
- Personal experiences with the name Samira
- Nicknames for Samira
Sammie, Mira, Mimi, Sam, Sammi, Ami
- Meanings and history of the name Samira
Samira "sa MEER ah"
Arabic and Afghan "pleasant community" Swahili " one who reconciles"
- Famous real-life people named Samira
Samira Wiley (actress and producer)
- Samira in song, story & screen