Sarie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sarah:
Derived from the Hebrew sārāh (princess). The name is borne in the Bible by the wife of the patriarch Abraham and mother of Isaac.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sarie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sarie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sarie
- Comments and insights on the name Sarie
It is pronounced like the Indian clothing sari.
- Personal experiences with the name Sarie
It is my name.
- Nicknames for Sarie
- Meanings and history of the name Sarie
It is Afrikaans for Sara and originally comes from Dutch.
- Famous real-life people named Sarie
- Sarie in song, story & screen
There is a Dutch ballad with the name.