Sati Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sati? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sati
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sati
- Comments and insights on the name Sati
- Personal experiences with the name Sati
- Nicknames for Sati
- Meanings and history of the name Sati
In Hindu mythology, Sati (also called Gauri or Dakshayani) was the first wife of the god Shiva. When her father insulted her husband, she was overcome with sorrow and shame, and immolated herself, after which she was reborn as Parvati and reunited with Shiva.
In the early 1990s, Christopher Pike wrote a book called "Sati". The Sati in the book was a mysterious girl who believed she was God.
Meanings: True; Faithful; Mindfulness; Existence.
- Famous real-life people named Sati
- Sati Kazanova, Russian singer, model and actress.
- Sati (Satyana) Hannigan-Denisof, daughter of Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Denisof.
- Sati in song, story & screen
Sati - A novel by Christopher Pike. First published 1990.
The Matrix Revolutions - Features a minor character named Sati. She is an exile that was created for no purpose by Rama-Kandra and Kamala, who then made a deal with the Merovingian to allow her to enter the Matrix and escape her inevitable deletion. She appears as a little girl that Neo meets at the Mobil Avenue train station.