Selia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Celia:
Derived from the Latin Caelia, a feminine form of the old Roman family name Caelius, which is believed to be a derivative of the Latin caelum (heaven). Celia is also used as a short form of Cecilia (blind, dim-sighted).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Selia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Selia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Selia
- Comments and insights on the name Selia
Alise, Elias, Elisa, Leisa and Selia are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Selia
- Nicknames for Selia
- Meanings and history of the name Selia
possibly meaning "heaven".
SELIA derives from the name SELINA, which means "moon goddess" in Greek.
- Famous real-life people named Selia
- Selia in song, story & screen
Selia named doll, Groovy Girls