Seraphin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Seraphina:
Derived from the Hebrew sĕrāphīm (burning ones), a name used in the Bible for the heavenly winged angels surrounding the throne of God.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Seraphin? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Seraphin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Seraphin
- Comments and insights on the name Seraphin
- Personal experiences with the name Seraphin
We heard of the name Seraphine, Seraphina, and also the term Seraphim - the highest order of archangels. Our daughter was born on Christmas morning and so we decided to feminize "Seraphim" into "Seraphin".
- Nicknames for Seraphin
- Meanings and history of the name Seraphin
A variant on Seraphim, the highest order of archangels.
- Famous real-life people named Seraphin
- Seraphin in song, story & screen