Shanann Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shannon:
Anglicized form of the Irish Seanán, which is a diminutive of sean (old, wise). Alternatively, Shannon can be a borrowing of the name of the longest river in Ireland. It is believed to be derived from the Gaelic sean (old) and abhann (river).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Shanann
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shanann
- Comments and insights on the name Shanann
- Personal experiences with the name Shanann
- Nicknames for Shanann
- Meanings and history of the name Shanann
- Famous real-life people named Shanann
murder victim Shanann Watts
- Shanann in song, story & screen