Shanen Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shannon:
Anglicized form of the Irish Seanán, which is a diminutive of sean (old, wise). Alternatively, Shannon can be a borrowing of the name of the longest river in Ireland. It is believed to be derived from the Gaelic sean (old) and abhann (river).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shanen? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shanen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shanen
- Comments and insights on the name Shanen
- Personal experiences with the name Shanen
- Nicknames for Shanen
- Meanings and history of the name Shanen
it means old or ancient
- Famous real-life people named Shanen
Shanen Villahermosa, a Philippine Science High School scholar, served as the PRO 7 of the Temple of Manggad Organization.
- Shanen in song, story & screen