Shannyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shannon:
Anglicized form of the Irish Seanán, which is a diminutive of sean (old, wise). Alternatively, Shannon can be a borrowing of the name of the longest river in Ireland. It is believed to be derived from the Gaelic sean (old) and abhann (river).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shannyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shannyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shannyn
- Comments and insights on the name Shannyn
shannyn is a alternitve spelling of the popular name "shannon" offten given to new born girls and sometimes males
- Personal experiences with the name Shannyn
- Nicknames for Shannyn
- Meanings and history of the name Shannyn
- Famous real-life people named Shannyn
Shannyn Sossamon - american actress
- Shannyn in song, story & screen