Shay Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shea:
Borrowed from the Irish, Shay is a pet form of Shamus, the Irish form of James (supplanting, seizing by the heel). It is also bestowed as an independent given name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shay? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shay
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shay
- Comments and insights on the name Shay
variant of Shea
- Personal experiences with the name Shay
One of my friends middle names is Shay
- Nicknames for Shay
- Meanings and history of the name Shay
- Famous real-life people named Shay
Shay Mitchell, actress on "Pretty Little Liars"
- Shay in song, story & screen
Main character in the very popular teen trilogy, Uglies by Scott Westerfeld