Shayna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shayna:
A feminine form of Shane (God is gracious).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shayna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shayna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shayna
- Comments and insights on the name Shayna
- Personal experiences with the name Shayna
- Nicknames for Shayna
- Meanings and history of the name Shayna
In addition to the "Shane" derivation mentioned above, Shayna arose separately as a Jewish name taken from the Yiddish for "beautiful."
- Famous real-life people named Shayna
- Shayna in song, story & screen