Shillelagh Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shillelagh? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shillelagh
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shillelagh
- Comments and insights on the name Shillelagh
- Personal experiences with the name Shillelagh
- Nicknames for Shillelagh
- Meanings and history of the name Shillelagh
A shillelagh (Irish: sail éille ˈsalʲ ˈeːl̠ʲə, a cudgel with a strap, in English commonly pronounced /ʃɨˈleɪli/ shi-lay-lee or /ʃɨˈleɪlə/ shi-lay-lə) is a wooden walking stick and club or cudgel, typically made from a stout knotty stick with a large knob at the top, that is associated with Ireland and Irish folklore.
- Famous real-life people named Shillelagh
- Shillelagh in song, story & screen