Shion Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shion? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shion
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shion
- Comments and insights on the name Shion
Japanese feminine given name.
It is also used as given name in Korea. (Hangul: 시언; 시온)
Normally pronounced "shee-awn".
Variants: Shiohn, Shieon, Shihon, Shiun, Sieon, Sion, etc.
- Personal experiences with the name Shion
The name Shion is reminiscent of a very pretty, smart, so lovely girl.
I love this name, I will give my daughter named this.
- Nicknames for Shion
Sean, Shawn, Seanna, Shawna, Shona, Shiona, Siona, etc.
- Meanings and history of the name Shion
The meaning of the name changes according to the choice of Chinese characters(Kanji/Hanja).
Some of the most commonly used Chinese characters and meanings.
1. Japanese word for flower 'Aster tataricus' (Flower language: One who does not forget): 紫苑
2. Beautiful sound (ex. Sound of tide): 詩音, 汐音, 咲音, etc.
3. Beautiful woman (Elegant, Pretty, Charming): 詩媛, 姫媛, 詩嫣, etc.
4. Grace (Blessing, Benefit): 詩恩, 姫恩, 史恩, etc.
- Famous real-life people named Shion
Shion Kokubun, Shion Miyawaki, Shion Tsuji, Shion Miura, Shion Nakamaru, Shion Minami, Shion Machida, Shion Takeuchi, Shion Hayasaka.
- Shion in song, story & screen
Many Japanese animations and broadcasts.