Shoshana Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shoshana:
Borrowed from the Hebrew, Shoshannah is derived from shōshannāh (a lily, a rose).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shoshana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shoshana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shoshana
- Comments and insights on the name Shoshana
- Personal experiences with the name Shoshana
- Nicknames for Shoshana
Sue, Shosh, Shoshi, Shana, Shani, Shoshani, Shushi, Shushie, Shoshie
- Meanings and history of the name Shoshana
- Famous real-life people named Shoshana
Shoshana Bean, Broadway actress
Shoshana Johnson, American soldier and POW
Shoshana Felman, American Holocaust scholar
- Shoshana in song, story & screen
Shoshanna Shapiro- character in HBO show, Girls
Shoshanna Dreyfus- character in Quentin Tarantino film Inglourious Basterds