Sibley Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sibley? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sibley
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sibley
- Comments and insights on the name Sibley
This is also a British surname.
- Personal experiences with the name Sibley
- Nicknames for Sibley
- Meanings and history of the name Sibley
Sibley is an English form of Latin Sibilla (itself derived from the Greek Sibylla) and was relatively common as a female name in the Middle Ages. It is related to the English name Sybil.
- Famous real-life people named Sibley
- Sibley in song, story & screen
Sibley Sweetland is a character in the 1928 Hitchcock film The Farmer's Wife.
Sibley is a character in Eden Phillpotts' 1913 novel Widecombe Fair.