Signe Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Signe? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Signe
- Danish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Denmark 2014
- Swedish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Sweden
- Danish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Denmark, 2010
- Swedish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Sweden, 2010
- Swedish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Sweden for 2012
- Danish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Denmark 2015
Contribute your knowledge to the name Signe
- Comments and insights on the name Signe
- Personal experiences with the name Signe
My name is Signe, and we pronounce it: sig'nee. Since most people in the U.S. have never heard of my name before, it has always been quite tedious to pronounce my name several times, and spell it out, etc.,(when meeting people) but everyone loves the name once they understand the pronunciation of it. When I was younger, of course I hated my name, but now I appreciate it for all of it's unique qualities.
- Nicknames for Signe
- Meanings and history of the name Signe
In Norse legend she was the twin sister of Sigmund and the wife of Siggeir.
From Old Norse Signý, from sigr "victory" + nýr "new".
- Famous real-life people named Signe
Signe Ronka, Latvian-Canadian figure skater
Signe Toly Anderson, American singer, co-founder of the rock group Jefferson Starship
Signe Hasso (born Signe Eleonora Cecilia Larsson), Swedish actress
Signe Tollefsen, Dutch-American singer
Signe Wilkinson, American cartoonist
- Signe in song, story & screen
"Signe", song by Eric Clapton