Súil Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Hope:
Derived from the vocabulary word hope which is derived from the Old English hopa (expectation, hope, wish). The name, first bestowed by the Puritans, continues to be popular.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Súil? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Súil
Contribute your knowledge to the name Súil
- Comments and insights on the name Súil
- Personal experiences with the name Súil
This is the first name my husband and I have chosen if we are to have a daughter. It's a reflection of our Irish ancestory.
- Nicknames for Súil
- Meanings and history of the name Súil
Súil translates to the English word Hope from Gaelic.
- Famous real-life people named Súil
- Súil in song, story & screen