Silja Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Celia:
Derived from the Latin Caelia, a feminine form of the old Roman family name Caelius, which is believed to be a derivative of the Latin caelum (heaven). Celia is also used as a short form of Cecilia (blind, dim-sighted).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Silja
Contribute your knowledge to the name Silja
- Comments and insights on the name Silja
- Personal experiences with the name Silja
- Nicknames for Silja
- Meanings and history of the name Silja
- Famous real-life people named Silja
- Silja in song, story & screen