Sille Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cecilia:
Feminine form of Cecil, which is derived from Caecilius, an old Roman family name, which has its root in the Latin caecus (blind, dim-sighted). The name was borne by a 3rd-century Christian who founded a church in the Trastevere section of Rome. During the 6th century, a story of her life was written and she was henceforth venerated as a martyr. She is regarded as the patron saint of musicians.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sille? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sille
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sille
- Comments and insights on the name Sille
Danish nickname for Cecilia
- Personal experiences with the name Sille
- Nicknames for Sille
- Meanings and history of the name Sille
- Famous real-life people named Sille
- Sille in song, story & screen