Silviana Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Silvia:
Feminine form of Silvius (of the woods), a name derived from the Latin silva (wood). The name is borne in Roman mythology by Rhea Silvia, a vestal virgin who broke her vows and became mother of Romulus and Remus.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Silviana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Silviana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Silviana
- Comments and insights on the name Silviana
Spanish and Italian, once modestly common in Spanish but seldom heard today.
- Personal experiences with the name Silviana
- Nicknames for Silviana
- Meanings and history of the name Silviana
A variant of Silvia (from Latin silva, "forest, woods"), perhaps influenced by Silvanus ("of the woods"), a Roman forest deity and an alternate name for the biblical Silas.
- Famous real-life people named Silviana
- Silviana in song, story & screen