Simonne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Simone:
Feminine form of Simon, which is a borrowing from the Ecclesiastic late latin. The name is derived from the Hebrew Shimon, a derivative of shim'ōn (heard).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Simonne? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Simonne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Simonne
- Comments and insights on the name Simonne
variant spelling of Simone
- Personal experiences with the name Simonne
- Nicknames for Simonne
- Meanings and history of the name Simonne
- Famous real-life people named Simonne
Simonne Evrard, wife of French revolutionary Jean-Paul Marat
Simonne Lizotte, Canadian politician
Simonne Monet-Chartrand, Canadian social activist
- Simonne in song, story & screen