Sionainn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shannon:
Anglicized form of the Irish Seanán, which is a diminutive of sean (old, wise). Alternatively, Shannon can be a borrowing of the name of the longest river in Ireland. It is believed to be derived from the Gaelic sean (old) and abhann (river).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sionainn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sionainn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sionainn
- Comments and insights on the name Sionainn
Sionainn means 'wise'.
- Personal experiences with the name Sionainn
- Nicknames for Sionainn
- Meanings and history of the name Sionainn
Sionainn is the Irish spelling of the Irish name Shannon. It's the name of the old river in Ireland, An tSionainn (River Shannon). It's also the a place in situated in Clare, Ireland.
- Famous real-life people named Sionainn
- Sionainn in song, story & screen