Sionann Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shannon:
Anglicized form of the Irish Seanán, which is a diminutive of sean (old, wise). Alternatively, Shannon can be a borrowing of the name of the longest river in Ireland. It is believed to be derived from the Gaelic sean (old) and abhann (river).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sionann? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sionann
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sionann
- Comments and insights on the name Sionann
The name of an Irish goddess, a granddaughter of Lir, who was the personification of the River Shannon. Her name is derived from the name of the rive
- Personal experiences with the name Sionann
- Nicknames for Sionann
- Meanings and history of the name Sionann
- Famous real-life people named Sionann
- Sionann in song, story & screen