Skylie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Skylar:
Modern coinage of uncertain derivation. It might be based on sky or perhaps on the name of the Isle of Skye, an island off the coast of Scotland.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Skylie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Skylie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Skylie
- Comments and insights on the name Skylie
- Personal experiences with the name Skylie
- One of my friends is named Skylie. Everyone loves her.
I named my daughter skylie she was born in 2004. Her middle name is Reyne.
- My daughter's name is Skylie. She was born in 2014. I instantly fell in love with her name the second I first heard it. Her dad & I actually "stumbled" upon it while contemplating potential names for a girl before we learned the gender.
I was throwing out random names that I liked & I said, "There'sssss... Kylie?". But my boyfriend heard "Theresssskylie?" due to how I dragged out the S in 'there's'.
So he answered me with a confused expression & a bewildered "Skylie?"
My ears immediately perked up & I said, "What? No, I said Kylie...but Skylie? YES!" :) We both agreed it was perfect & we kept saying it over & over.
My boyfriend takes all the credit whenever people ask how we came up with her name. Technically, he DID "come up with it" lol. :) Everyone always compliments her name & tells us they love it & that they've never heard it before. Neither had we, until that fateful day. :) I don't think anyone loves it more than I do, though... it's perfect for my perfect baby girl. :)
PS: Her middle name is Kaitlin, which we chose in honor of my best friend of over 10 years. Family members have said that "Skylie Kaitlin" doesn't exactly "flow properly" when you say it out loud, but we think it does. We call her "Skylie Kait" (Kate)...which is, like I said, perfect. :)
- Nicknames for Skylie
- Meanings and history of the name Skylie
- Famous real-life people named Skylie
- Skylie in song, story & screen