Síle Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sheila:
Anglicized form of Síle, an Irish form of Cecilia (blind, dim-sighted).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Síle? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Síle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Síle
- Comments and insights on the name Síle
Lise and Sile are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Síle
- Nicknames for Síle
- Meanings and history of the name Síle
- Famous real-life people named Síle
Síle de Valera, politician & granddaughter of Irish president Eamon de Valera
Síle Seoige, TV presenter
Síle Ní Bhraonáin, TV presenter
- Síle in song, story & screen