Sofiah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sofia:
A borrowing from the Greek, Sophia is directly derived from sophia (wisdom, skill). The name has been in common use in England since the 17th century, when it was bestowed upon the infant daughter of James I.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sofiah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sofiah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sofiah
- Comments and insights on the name Sofiah
I know someone who is named Sofiah.
- Personal experiences with the name Sofiah
- Nicknames for Sofiah
Sof, Sofie, Sofi, Fifi, Fi, Fia
- Meanings and history of the name Sofiah
- Famous real-life people named Sofiah
- Sofiah in song, story & screen