Sofija Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sophia:
A borrowing from the Greek, Sophia is directly derived from sophia (wisdom, skill). The name has been in common use in England since the 17th century, when it was bestowed upon the infant daughter of James I.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sofija? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sofija
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sofija
- Comments and insights on the name Sofija
form of Sophia used in Serbian, Croatian, Macedonian, Lithuanian, and Latvian
- Personal experiences with the name Sofija
- Nicknames for Sofija
- Meanings and history of the name Sofija
- Famous real-life people named Sofija
- Sofija in song, story & screen