Sofy Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sophie:
A borrowing from the Greek, Sophia is directly derived from sophia (wisdom, skill). The name has been in common use in England since the 17th century, when it was bestowed upon the infant daughter of James I.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sofy? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sofy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sofy
- Comments and insights on the name Sofy
- Personal experiences with the name Sofy
- Nicknames for Sofy
- Meanings and history of the name Sofy
- Famous real-life people named Sofy
- Sofy in song, story & screen