Sophie-Marie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sophie:
A borrowing from the Greek, Sophia is directly derived from sophia (wisdom, skill). The name has been in common use in England since the 17th century, when it was bestowed upon the infant daughter of James I.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sophie-Marie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sophie-Marie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sophie-Marie
- Comments and insights on the name Sophie-Marie
Sophie and Marie mixed together
- Personal experiences with the name Sophie-Marie
- Nicknames for Sophie-Marie
Sophie, Fee, ReeRee, Phia, Sophie-Bear
- Meanings and history of the name Sophie-Marie
- Famous real-life people named Sophie-Marie
- Sophie-Marie in song, story & screen