Sophy Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sophie:
A borrowing from the Greek, Sophia is directly derived from sophia (wisdom, skill). The name has been in common use in England since the 17th century, when it was bestowed upon the infant daughter of James I.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sophy? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sophy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sophy
- Comments and insights on the name Sophy
Sophy is a former title for the ruler of Persia associated esp. with the Safavid dynasty.
- Personal experiences with the name Sophy
My name is Sophy. Another spelling for Sophie.
- Nicknames for Sophy
- Meanings and history of the name Sophy
- Famous real-life people named Sophy
- Sophy in song, story & screen