Stellita Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Stella:
A borrowing from the Latin, Stella is derived directly from stella (star). There is evidence that the name was used in England as far back as 1374, but it wasn't until the 16th century when Sir Philip Sidney used the name in his sonnets "Astrophel to Stella," that the name became commonly known. Stella is also used as a short form of Estelle.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Stellita
Contribute your knowledge to the name Stellita
- Comments and insights on the name Stellita
This is a Spanish variation of Stella and a term of endearment or a nickname.
- Personal experiences with the name Stellita
- Nicknames for Stellita
- Meanings and history of the name Stellita
Means star in Latin
- Famous real-life people named Stellita
- Stellita in song, story & screen