Sydnee Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sydney:
Transferred use of the surname originating as a Norman baronial name taken from the place-name St. Denis in Normandy. Alternatively, the name arose independently in England and is derived from the Old English elements sīd (extensive, wide) and ieg (island in a river, riverside meadow). The name was indicative of one who dwelled on or near the wide, riverside meadow, or from the wide island.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sydnee? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sydnee
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sydnee
- Comments and insights on the name Sydnee
- Personal experiences with the name Sydnee
- Nicknames for Sydnee
- Meanings and history of the name Sydnee
- Famous real-life people named Sydnee
- Sydnee in song, story & screen