Tabby Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tabitha:
From the Ecclesiastic Greek Tabeitha, which is derived from the Aramaic tabhītha (roe, gazelle). The name is borne in the Bible by a woman who was brought back to life by St. Peter.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tabby? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tabby
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tabby
- Comments and insights on the name Tabby
A striped or brindled cat is called a tabby.
- Personal experiences with the name Tabby
- Nicknames for Tabby
- Meanings and history of the name Tabby
A pet form of Tabitha.
- Famous real-life people named Tabby
- Tabby in song, story & screen