Tailor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Taylor:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Anglo-French taillour (tailor), which is from the Old French taillier (to cut). The name arose as an occupational name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tailor? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tailor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tailor
- Comments and insights on the name Tailor
This is a variant spelling of "Taylor". With an i, not a y, it is spelt the same way it is spelt as the occupation.
- Personal experiences with the name Tailor
- Nicknames for Tailor
- Meanings and history of the name Tailor
A tailor is a person whose occupation is the making, mending, or altering of clothes, especially suits, coats and other outer garments.
- Famous real-life people named Tailor
- Tailor in song, story & screen