Tamaira Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tamara:
Tamara is a Russian cognate of the Hebrew Tamar (date palm, a palm tree). Tamar is borne in the Bible by the daughter-in-law of Judah and mother of his twin sons, and by King David's daughter who was raped by Amnon her half brother.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tamaira? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tamaira
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tamaira
- Comments and insights on the name Tamaira
- Personal experiences with the name Tamaira
- Nicknames for Tamaira
- Meanings and history of the name Tamaira
- Famous real-life people named Tamaira
Tamaira Danyluk, actress
- Tamaira in song, story & screen