Tamera Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tamara:
Tamara is a Russian cognate of the Hebrew Tamar (date palm, a palm tree). Tamar is borne in the Bible by the daughter-in-law of Judah and mother of his twin sons, and by King David's daughter who was raped by Amnon her half brother.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tamera? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tamera
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tamera
- Comments and insights on the name Tamera
- Personal experiences with the name Tamera
- Nicknames for Tamera
- Meanings and history of the name Tamera
- Famous real-life people named Tamera
Tamera Mowry - American actress; twin sister of Tia Mowry
- Tamera in song, story & screen
Tamera Campell, lead character in Sister, Sister.